About the company
At Wonder, we believe that everyone has the right to enjoy great food. That’s why we’ve created a next-generation restaurant chain powered by an advanced mobile platform that allows our customers to enjoy the world’s best food anytime, anywhere. We work with world-renowned chefs to create special menus and bring their unique recipes directly to you in our mobile restaurant.
As a food technology start-up backed by top venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs, including some of the most successful leaders in the technology, catering and logistics industries, we are growing rapidly. Help create a future where food is handled fairly, sustainably and thoughtfully. You will work in a supportive and collaborative environment where our culture and values (Dominance, Compassion and Courage) are as valued as providing a great experience for our customers.
About the role
The Wonder Culinary & Operations team is responsible for driving innovation in our manufacturing department for food preparation in our vehicles and commercial kitchen equipment. At Wonder, we focus on strategic processes, improving quality while optimizing our performance and maximizing sustainability. We are looking for a detail-oriented self-starter to lead our Culinary Products team.
As a culinary product owner, your primary focus is to create products and processes that enable our culinary teams to produce the highest quality food in volume. You will lead the PM team and our culinary data team responsible for three product areas:
- Recipe management: data entry tools and data models for our proprietary recipe data; this data is essential to our operation.
- Kitchen technology: tools that help chefs plan and manage the production of industrial kitchens.
- Chef-on-the-road application: a tool that helps our chefs prepare meals in the back of our mobile restaurant.
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT, FOOD TECH
- Must have seven years as a product manager, and at least two years as a human resources manager, ideally in an operational environment. You need to have managed multiple product lines or large, complex products.
- Demonstrate the ability to generate results for your product.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve competing priorities with limited resources and time.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholder groups. Experience working with end users who have strong opinions. A low ego approach to working with users.
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate clearly across functions and units.
- Managerial and entrepreneurial: able to independently manage the direction and priorities of your team
- SQL skills: can write complex queries and can develop / have a strong opinion on database design / architecture.
- Excel analytical and quantitative skills; can use hard data and metrics to support assumptions, recommendations and drive action; can do your own analysis (using SQL, Excel or BI tools)
- Attention to detail: Ability to write detailed feature descriptions. Likes to be hands-on and dive into the details (technical and user experience).
- Manage and expand your PM and culinary data teams; empower them to develop and execute their roadmaps; manage team performance;
- Has a good understanding of culinary products, users and the competitive environment; must be the second person to understand how each product works after the product owner; and
- Coordinate with users, stakeholders and organizational leaders to gather feedback and prioritize functions/requests versus competing priorities.
- Help develop a data-driven culture throughout the culinary organization, from chefs to product and operations teams; use data to generate results and prioritize roadmaps for all culinary products
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication from writing specifications to updating managers to meet the physical requirements of the job. (lifting 50 lbs), pushing, pulling, working in cold temperatures and standing for long periods of time).
Compensation & Perks:
- We offer competitive compensation packages that include equity and 401K matching. In addition, we offer a variety of medical, dental and vision plans to meet the needs of all our employees, as well as many benefits and perks not listed.
- Part Time Brand Ambassador
- Food Service Associate, Food & Nutrition
- Food Prep Worker
- Food Packer
- Food Runner
- Senior Generalist, People & Culture
- Food Production Worker
- Food Delivery
- Kitchen Helper with Food Handler’s Certificate
- Food Preparation Worker,
- Food Production Warehouse Worker
- Broome County Council of Churches Food Security Advocate
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Cook Food Prep
- Food Runner Busser
- Kitchen Expeditor and Food Prep
- Food Tour Guide
- Director Of Warehouse Operations
- Food Server-Sinigual
- Cold Food (salad)
- Food Preparer/Dishwasher
- Housekeeping-Food Service
- Food Explorer Specialist
- MANAGER – FOOD BEVERAGE –
- Food Handler
- Food Assembly Associate
- Food Production Manager
- Director of Food And Beverage
- Food preparation
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Administrator
- Food Production Supervisor
- Food & Beverage Attendant
- Food Beverage Controller
- Catering Events Food Server
- Machine Operator
- Production Associate
- Food Scientist
- Food Courier
- F&B Operations Coordinator
- Night Warehouse Order Selector
- Food and Beverage Demostrator
- In-Store Shopper
- Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance
- Food & Grocery
- Assistant Food and Beverage Storeroom Clerk
- Grocery Stock Worker
- Customer Service
- Warehouse Returns Helper